Day trip Bavaria: Dachau - Memorial Site (Tour 13)
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site & Former SS-Shooting Range of Hebertshausen
Uncover the history behind Nazi concentration camps at Dachau. Walk through the remaining buildings and watch an informative film (22min) as you learn what life was like for those interned here. There is plenty of time for quiet reflection at the religious memorials scattered around this site of notorious Nazi brutality.
Journey out of Munich and first through the small town of Dachau, age 1200. Here it can be difficult to imagine how such a pretty village in Upper Bavaria could become the site of one of the world’s worst atrocities.
After you arrive at the former concentration camp, a licensed guide will lead you through the Concentration Camp Memorial Site with the still-standing buildings. A museum and documentary film help drive home the harrowing reality of life for those unfortunate enough to be held here. Hear of the notorious medical experiments, vicious torture methods and ruthless mass execution of tens of thousands of inmates.
After the guided tour you will have the chance to spend more time on your own at the memorial site, time to visit the bookstore and the self-service cafeteria for lunch.
Before being taken back to Munich the former SS-Shooting Range of Hebertshausen is visited, which is located 10 min away by bus.
Explanations and information provided by the guide on the air-conditioned bus. For reasons related to monument preservation, not all paths in the former prison camp have been paved and some are not wheel-chair-accessible.
- Site of Nazi brutalities & Bavaria´s first camp
- Former SS-Shooting Range
- Remaining buildings & facilities of the infamous camp
- Documentary film about the hard life for the camp’s inmates (22min)
- Memorial sites provide time for reflection & remembrance
- Historical & informative narrative of the region and on the site
- Admission fees
- Guided tour (licenced guide) through the former Concentration Camp Memorial Site and former SS-Shooting Range
- Roundtrip transport between Munich, Dachau and Hebertshausen via air-conditioned coach
- Information and accompaniment from a licensed and qualified guide
Know Before You Book
- Visitors are asked to respect the dignity of the site by wearing appropriate attire.
- Minimum walking distance: 3 km / approx. 2 miles on historic grounds
- Minimum age: 14
- Possibility to purchase drinks on board of the bus and at the cafeteria on the site.
- Time period
- 01.04. – 31.10.
each Monday, Thursday and Sunday
- 09:00 am
Main Station in front of department store KARSTADT
- 6,5 hours
- Adult € 29,–Child € 24,–
Minimum age: 14